Ogre Head Studio
Based in Hyderabad, India
14th April 2017
Burnt to ashes by the holy men of the Daeva empire, You are reincarnated as Asura, a demon spawn with insane powers. Time has come to cast your vengeance and avenge your death. Time has come for the rise of the demon king!
Asura is an indie top-down hack 'n' slash game based on a fantasy setting inspired by Indian mythology. It features heavy rogue-like elements and a procedural skill tree which changes on every play through. Take on the roll as the demon incarnate and obliterate your way through the randomly generated fortress of the Daeva empire. Equip weapons from a wide variety of arsenal and carefully craft your character using the ever changing skill tree. The game can be brutal but is always fair. Can you rise from the ashes? Can you defeat the Daeva empire?
HistoryThe Forging of the studio:
The year was 2014, and the three of us left our secured jobs to found Ogre Head Studio. The majority of the Indian game industry is and was all about Bollywood and cricket based games and we wanted to change that. We envisioned ourselves to be working on something very different than what was expected and came up with this design to make a game on procedurally generated skill tree. This was the seed of the idea.The Rise of the Demon King:
At first, Asura was an arena based horde game for mobile and tablets with procedurally generated skill tree in trading card format. We developed a quick prototype and showcased the game at Nasccom Game Developer Conference 2014 where we managed to garner the 'Upcoming Game Of The Year' Award. On observing that players were really having a blast with our tiny prototype/game, we got ambitious. We thought why not develop this into a much bigger and fully realized game for PC platform. Things were rough with regards to our finances and we had to find a way to start generating revenue in order to develop our first project. To solve this adversity, we began offering game development services to overseas studios. One of our founders had to leave in between and multiple projects later, we are very close to release with Asura!
- Obliterate through 5 different randomly generated fortress, each with its own unique aesthetic, enemies and adversities.
- Craft your character using the procedurally generated skill tree with over 82 skills to choose from.
- Unlock 3 different demons and unleash your fury.
- Venture forth and get your hands on a wide variety of loot, altering your gameplay as you hack, slash and obliterate your foes in battle.
- Confront and battle through hordes of enemies each with its unique characterisitcs and abilites, inspired from Indian mythos!
- Duel and slay Heroes of the Daeva, Vanara, Naga and the Hathira race and unlock more as you destroy them in the battlefield!
Game-play Trailer YouTube
Cinematic Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "International Game Award" BitSummit 2017 Japan
- "Gamer's Voice Award Nominee" SXSW 2017
- "Official Indie Mega-Booth Selection" PAX East 2017
- "Indie Game Award Nominee" Taipei Game Show 2016
- "Official Indie Mega-Booth Selection" PAX West 2016
- "Best Game Design Nominee" Indie Prize 2016
- "Best Game Hack" Reliance Game Hack 2015
- "Upcoming Game Of The Year Award" Nasscom Gaming Forum Awards 2014
- "Our 10 Favourite Indie Games at PAX West"
- Gamespot Staff, Gamespot
- "Time to learn a bit about Indian mythology and kill lots of baddies, action-RPG-style."
- Thomas Faust, Indie Games
- "What I like the most about Asura is how it takes mythology and uses it to inspire these gameplay systems."
- Heather Alexandra, Kotaku
- "Asura is tough, but it’s fair"
- Rishi Alwani, NDTV Gadgets
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
Alternatively, you can always request a press copy by sending us a quick email.
About Ogre Head Studio
Ogre Head Studio is an independent game development company by Zainuddeen Fahadh and Neeraj Kumar based in Hyderabad, India where we make games all about Hack, Slash and everything Epic!
More information on Ogre Head Studio, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Orange Byte Studios